9/19/2019

Parashat 7 Portion 28 Ber/Gen 29:31-30:13(12) Yesh/Is 60:10-22 Rom 11:25-36



Bar’chu et YHVH ha-m’vorach, Baruch YHVH ha-m’vorach l’O’lam va-ed! Baruch ata YHVH
Eloheinu melech ha-olam asher bachar banu m’kol ha-amim, v’na-tan lanu eht Torah-to.
Baruch atah YHVH, noteyn ha-Torah. Ameyn.”

(Bless YHVH the blessed One; Blessed is YHVH, the blessed One for all eternity. Blessed are you, YHVH, our Elohim, King of the Universe, you have selected us from among all the peoples, and have given us your Torah.
       Gen 29:31  And יהוה saw that Lĕ’ah was unloved, and He opened her womb, but Raḥĕl was barren.

      The Torah describes Rachel as having beautiful features and a beautiful complexion, and Leah as having tender eyes – Ber 29:17.

Ber/Gen 29:30 translates in the English that Yakov loved Rachel more than Leah. The word “more” is not used in the original Hebrew. The word “gam”(S1571) is used and generally means “also”.

 וַיָּבֹא גַּם אֶל-רָחֵל, וַיֶּאֱהַב גַּם-אֶת-רָחֵל מִלֵּאָה; וַיַּעֲבֹד עִמּוֹ, עוֹד שֶׁבַע-שָׁנִים אֲחֵרוֹת.
30 And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years.

לא  וַיַּרְא יְהוָה כִּי-שְׂנוּאָה לֵאָה, וַיִּפְתַּח אֶת-רַחְמָהּ; וְרָחֵל, עֲקָרָה.
31 And YHVH saw that Leah was hated, and he opened her womb; but Rachel was barren.

Note – it does not say that Yakov hated her. It states through a passive verb that she was hated. The Torah states that Yakov was an upright man and we can safely assume that he would not have hated Leah.
The Torah and history show us that there was a great rivalry between these two sisters and their offspring.

The Midrash Tanhuma says that Leah’s eyes were weak because of all the tears she shed. The midrash claims that Leah was promised to Esav as a wife she heard how evil he was. Lavan her father saved her from this evil person the best way he knew how – he deceived Yakov in taking her for a wife.

It appears that there was a reconciliation between these two sister wives of Yakov before Rachel died.
We note Yermeyahu’s prophecy of Rachel.

Jer 31:15  Thus said יהוה, “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing, bitter weeping, Raḥĕl weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted for her children, because they are no more.”  (see also Matt 2:18)

Which children is Rachel weeping for? According to the events of Matt 2:18 Rachel is weeping for Leah’s children as well. The events of this prophecy are fulfilled in the days of Yahshua. In those days it was mainly the Jews from the tribe of Judah living in ‘’Beit – Lechem’’– when this prophecy is fulfilled Herod is killing Leah’s children living in Bethlehem. Rachel’s children had been taken into captivity about 700 years before the events described in Mattitiyahu chapter 2. Ramah is possibly close to where the modern-day Bethlehem is.

Gen 29:32  And Lĕ’ah conceived and bore a son, and she called his name Re’uḇĕn, for she said, “For יהוה has looked on my affliction, because now my husband is going to love me.”
Gen 29:33  And she conceived again and bore a son, and said, “Because יהוה has heard that I am unloved, He gave me this son too.” And she called his name Shimʽon.
Gen 29:34  And she conceived again and bore a son, and said, “Now this time my husband is joined to me, because I have borne him three sons.” So his name was called Lĕwi.
Gen 29:35  And she conceived again and bore a son, and said, “Now I praise יהוה.” So she called his name Yehuḏah. And she ceased bearing.

Gen 30:1  And when Raḥĕl saw that she bore Yaʽaqoḇ no children, Raḥĕl envied her sister, and said to Yaʽaqoḇ, “Give me children, or else I am going to die!”
Gen 30:2  And Yaʽaqoḇ’s displeasure burned against Raḥĕl, and he said, “Am I in the place of Elohim, who has withheld from you the fruit of the womb?”
Gen 30:3  And she said, “See, my female servant Bilhah; go in to her, and let her bear for me, and let me be built up from her as well




Gen 30:4  So she gave him Bilhah her female servant as wife, and Yaʽaqoḇ went in to her.
Gen 30:5  And Bilhah conceived and bore Yaʽaqoḇ a son.
Gen 30:6  And Raḥĕl said, “Elohim has rightly ruled my case, and has also heard my voice and given me a son.” So she called his name Dan.
Gen 30:7  And Raḥĕl’s female servant Bilhah conceived again and bore Yaʽaqoḇ a second son.
Gen 30:8  And Raḥĕl said, “With great wrestlings I have wrestled with my sister, and I have overcome.” So she called his name Naphtali.
Gen 30:9  And Lĕ’ah saw that she had ceased bearing, and she took Zilpah her female servant and gave her to Yaʽaqoḇ as wife.
Gen 30:10  And Lĕ’ah’s female servant Zilpah bore Yaʽaqoḇ a son.
Gen 30:11  And Lĕ’ah said, “With Gaḏ!” So she called his name Gaḏ.
Gen 30:12  And Lĕ’ah’s female servant Zilpah bore Yaʽaqoḇ a second son.
Gen 30:13  And Lĕ’ah said, “I am blessed, for the daughters shall call me blessed.” So she called his name Ashĕr.

Leah – means weary. She was weary trying to love someone who didn’t love her as much as she desired to be loved.
She has a son – Reuben – means see a son – ''now surely Yakov will love me''.
Then she has a second son – Simeon – means heard – ''the Father heard how hated I was and He gave me another son'''(Said Leah).
Then Levi – means joined or loved – ''surely now Yakov will love me and join himself to me''.
Then came Yahudah – ''praise the Father surely now he will love me''.

By this time Rachel got desperate and give Billah her maid to Yakov – Dan is born-means He has judged in my favour and given me a son.
Billah bore another son called Naphtali – I have prevailed against my sister and still have the affection of Yakov

Leah saw that she was having no more children so she gave Zilpha her maid to Yakov and Gad was born – means how fortunate I am to give Yakov another son. Then Zilpha bore another son called Asher – happy look I have another son.
Then Reuben brings mandrakes – Dudaim – to his mother. Rachel sees and wants them because it was believed to make you fertile etc etc.. So Leah trades them for a night with Yakov.
Leah gives birth fifth son – Isaccar – means you are my wages.
Those who have been called by YHVH and have obediently responded to and followed THE FAITH will once again in the last days be joined to and become part of the 12 tribes of Yisrael.
The prophet speaking of when Yashua returns and rules and reigns over the earth: Eze 47:21  “And you shall divide this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Yisra’ĕl. Eze 47:22  “And it shall be that you divide it by lot as an inheritance for yourselves, and for the strangers who sojourn in your midst and who bear children among you. And they shall be to you as native-born among the children of Yisra’ĕl – with you they have an inheritance in the midst of the tribes of Yisra’ĕl1. Footnote: 1Isa. 14:1, Isa. 56:6-8, Rom. 11:17-26, Eph. 2:19, Eph. 3:6, Rev. 21:12. Eze 47:23  “And it shall be that in whatever tribe the stranger sojourns, there you give him his inheritance,” declares the Master יהוה.

Isa 60:10  “And the sons of foreigners shall build your walls, and their sovereigns serve you. For in My wrath I have smitten you, but in My delight I shall have compassion on you. Isa 60:11  “And your gates shall be open continually, they are not shut day or night, to bring to you the wealth of the gentiles, and their sovereigns in procession. Isa 60:12  “For the nation and the reign that do not serve you shall perish, and those gentiles shall be utterly laid waste.Isa 60:13  “The esteem of Leḇanon shall come to you, cypress, pine, and the box tree together, to embellish the place of My set-apart place. And I shall make the place of My feet esteemed. Isa 60:14  “And the sons of those who afflicted you come bowing to you, and all those who despised you shall bow themselves at the soles of your feet. And they shall call you: City of יהוה, Tsiyon of the Set-apart One of Yisra’ĕl. Isa 60:15  “Instead of you being forsaken and hated, so that no one passes through you, I
shall make you an everlasting excellence, a joy of many generations. Isa 60:16  “And you shall drink dry the milk of the gentiles, and shall milk the breast of sovereigns. And you shall know that I, יהוה, your Saviour and your Redeemer, am the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ. Isa 60:17  “Instead of bronze I bring gold, and instead of iron I bring silver, and bronze instead of wood, and iron instead of stones. And I shall make your officers peace, and your magistrates righteousness. Isa 60:18  “Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither wasting nor ruin within your borders. And you shall call your walls Deliverance, and your gates Praise.

The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs – https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe266.htm

‘’THE following twelve books are biographies written between 107 and 137 B.C. They are a forceful exposition, showing how a Pharisee with a rare gift of writing secured publicity by using the names of the greatest men of ancient times. "There were intellectual giants in those days" and the Twelve Patriarchs were the Intellectual Giants!’’
‘’When you look beyond the unvarnished--almost brutally frank--passages of the text, you will discern a remarkable attestation of the expectations of the Messiah which existed a hundred years before Messiah. And there is another element of rare value in this strange series. As Dr. R H. Charles says in his scholarly work on the Pseudepigrapha: its ethical teaching "has achieved a real immortality by influencing the thought and diction of the writers of the New Testament, and even those of our Master. ’’https://www.compellingtruth.org/Pseudepigrapha.html

TESTAMENT OF REUBEN -The First-Born Son of Yakov and Leah.

THE Copy of the Testament of Reuben, even the commands which he gave his sons before he died in the hundred and twenty-fifth year of his life.
2 Two years after the death of Joseph his brother, when Reuben fell ill, his sons and his sons' sons were gathered together to visit him.
3 And he said to them: My children, behold I am dying, and go the way of my fathers.
6 And behold I call to witness against you this day the Elohim of heaven, that ye walk not in the sins of youth and fornication, wherein I was poured out, and defiled the bed of my father Yakov.
7 And I tell you that he smote me with a sore plague in my loins for seven months; and had not my father Jamb prayed for me to the Lord, the Lord would have destroyed me.
8 For I was thirty years old when I wrought the evil thing before YHVH, and for seven months I was sick unto death.
9 And after this I repented with set purpose of my soul for seven years before YHVH.
33 And now, my children, love the truth, and it will preserve you: hear ye the words of Reuben your father.
34 Pay no heed to the face of a woman,
35 Nor associate with another man's wife,
36 Nor meddle with affairs of womankind.
37 For had I not seen Bilhah bathing in a covered place, I had not fallen into this great iniquity.

7 For a pit unto the soul is the sin of fornication, separating it Elohim, and bringing it near to idols, because it deceiveth the mind and understanding, and leadeth down young men into Hades before their time. 9 For ye heard regarding Joseph how he guarded himself from a woman, and purged his thoughts from all fornication, and found favour in the sight of Elohim and men.
10 For the Egyptian woman did many things unto him, and summoned magicians, and offered him love potions, but the purpose of his soul admitted no evil desire. 11 Therefore the Elohim of your fathers delivered him from every evil and hidden death. 17 Flee, therefore, fornication, my children, and command your wives and your daughters, that they adorn not their heads and faces to deceive the mind: because every woman who useth these wiles hath been reserved for eternal punishment.
18 For thus they allured the Watchers 1 who were before the flood; for as these continually beheld them, they lusted after them, and they conceived the act in their mind; for they changed themselves into the shape of men, and appeared to them when they were with their husbands.
19 And the women lusting in their minds after their forms, gave birth to giants, for the Watchers appeared to them as reaching even unto heaven.

24 Therefore, then I say unto you, ye will be jealous against the sons of Levi, and will seek to be exalted over them; but ye shall not be able.
25 For YHVH will avenge them, and ye shall die by an evil death. For to Levi YHVH gave the sovereignty and to Judah with him and to me also, and to Dan and Joseph, that we should be for rulers. 26 Therefore I command you to hearken to Levi, because he shall know the law of YHVH, and shall give ordinances for judgement and shall sacrifice for all Israel until the consummation of the times, as the anointed High Priest, of whom YHVH spake.
28 And draw ye near to Levi in humbleness, of heart, that ye may receive a blessing from his mouth.
29 For he shall bless Israel and Judah, because him hath the Lord chosen to be king over all the nation.
30 And bow down before his seed, for on our behalf it will die in wars visible and invisible, and will be among you an eternal king.
31 And Reuben died, having given these commands to his sons. And they placed him in a coffin until they carried him up from Egypt, and buried him in Hebron in the cave where his father was.

Simeon, the second son of Yakov and Leah. The strong man. He becomes jealous of Yoseph and is an instigator of the plot against Yoseph.
THE copy of the words of Simeon, the things which he spake to his sons before he died, in the hundred and twentieth year of his life, at which time Joseph, his brother, died. 3 Hearken, my children, to Simeon your father and I will declare unto you what things I have in my heart. 4 I was born of Yakov as my father's second son; and my mother Leah called me Simeon, because YHVH had heard her prayer.5 Moreover, I became strong exceedingly; I shrank from no achievement nor was I afraid of ought. For my heart was hard, and my liver was immovable, and my bowels without compassion. 7 For in the time of my youth I was jealous in many things of Joseph, because my father loved him beyond all.8 And I set my mind against him to destroy him because the prince of deceit sent forth the spirit of jealousy and blinded my mind, so that I regarded him not as a brother, nor did I spare even Yakov my father. 9 But his Elohim and the Elohim of his fathers sent forth His angel, and delivered him out of my hands. 10 For when I went to Shechem to bring ointment for the flocks, and Reuben to Dothan, where were our necessaries and all our stores, Judah my brother sold him to the Ishmaelites.11 And when Reuben heard these things he was grieved, for he wished to restore him to his father.12 But on hearing this I was exceedingly wroth against Judah in that he let him go away alive, and for five months I continued wrathful against him. 13 But YHVH restrained me, and withheld from me the power of my hands; for my right hand was half withered for seven days. 14 And I knew, my children, that because of Joseph this had befallen me, and I repented and wept; and I besought YHVH that my hand might be restored and that I might hold aloof from all pollution and envy and from all folly.
Chap 2 -
2 For I mourned more than they all, because I was guilty of the selling of Joseph.3 And when we went down into Egypt, and he bound me as a spy, I knew that I was suffering justly, and I grieved not.4 Now Joseph was a good man, and had the Spirit of Elohim was within him: being compassionate and pitiful, he bore no malice against me; but loved me even as the rest of his brethren.
Chapter 3 Messianic prophecy -
For YHVH shall appear on earth, and Himself save men, 8 Then shall all the spirits of deceit be given to be trodden under foot, and men shall, rule over wicked spirits. 9 Then shall I arise in Joy and will bless the Most High because of his marvellous works, because YHVH hath taken a body and eaten with men and saved men. 10 And now, my children,, and Judah, and obey Levi and Judah, and be not lifted up against these two tribes, for from them shall arise unto you the salvation of YHVH. 11 For YHVH shall raise up from Levi as it were a High Priest, and from Judah as it were a King, Elohim and man, He shall save all the Gentiles and the race of Israel.
13 And when Simeon had made an end of commanding his sons, he slept with fathers, an hundred and twenty years old.

Levi, the third son of Yakov and Leah. A mystic and dreamer of dreams, a prophet.
THE copy of the words of Levi, the things which he ordained unto his sons, according to all that they should do, and what things should befall them until the day of judgement.
2 He was sound in health when he called them to him; for it had been revealed to him that he should die.
3 And when they were gathered together he said to them:
4 I, Levi, was born in Haran, and I came with my father to Shechem.
5 And I was young, about twenty years of age, when, with Simeon, I wrought vengeance on Hamor for our sister Dinah.
14 And by thee and Judah shall YHVH appear among men, saving every race of men.
15 And from YHVH's portion shall be thy life, and He shall be thy field and vineyard, and fruits, gold, and silver.
16 Hear, therefore, regarding the heavens which have been shown to thee.
Ch 2 - Levi urges piety and education.
NOW, therefore, know that YHVH shall execute judgement upon the sons of men.
2 Because when the rocks are being rent, and the sun quenched, and the waters dried up, and the fire cowering, and all creation troubled, and the invisible spirits melting away, and Hades taketh spoils through the visitations of the Most High, men will be unbelieving and persist in their iniquity. 5 The light of knowledge shalt thou light up in Yakov, and as the sun shalt thou be to all the seed of Israel.
6 And there shall be given to thee a blessing, and to all thy seed until YHVH shall visit all the Gentiles in His tender mercies for ever.
7 And therefore there have been given to thee counsel and understanding, that thou mightest instruct thy sons concerning this;
8 Because they that bless Him shall be blessed, and they that curse Him shall perish. 9 And thereupon the angel opened to me the gates of heaven, and I saw the Set apart temple, and upon a throne of glory the Most High.
10 And He said to me: Levi, I have given thee the blessing of the priesthood until I come and sojourn in the midst of Israel. 11 Then the angel brought me down to the earth, and gave me a shield and a sword, and said to me: Execute vengeance on Shechem because of Dinah, thy sister, and I will be with thee because the Lord hath sent me.
WMD
12 And I destroyed at that time the sons of Hamor, as it is written in the heavenly tables.
Chap 3 - 14 And I saw seven men in white raiment saying unto me: Arise, put on the robe of the priesthood, and the crown of righteousness, and the breastplate of understanding, and the garment of truth, and the shield of faith, and the turban of the head, and the ephod of prophecy.
15 And they severally carried these things and put them on me, and said unto me: From henceforth become a priest of the Lord, thou and thy seed for ever.
23 And they said to me: Levi, thy seed shall be divided into three offices, for a sign of the glory of YHVH who is to come.
24 And the first portion shall be great; yea, greater than it shall none be.
25 The second shall be in the priesthood.
26 And the third shall be called by a new name, because a king shall arise in Judah, and shall establish a new priesthood, after the fashion of the Gentiles.
27 And His presence is beloved, as a prophet of the Most High, of the seed of Abraham our father.
28 Therefore, every desirable thing in Israel shall be for thee and for thy seed, and ye shall eat everything fair to look upon, and the table of YHVH shall thy seed apportion.
43 Now, therefore, observe whatsoever I command you, children; for whatsoever things I have heard from my fathers I have declared unto you.
44 And behold I am clear from your ungodliness and transgression, which ye shall commit in the end of the ages against the Saviour of the world,  the Anointed One, acting godlessly, deceiving Israel, and stirring up against it great evils from YHVH.
45 And ye shall deal lawlessly together with Israel, so He shall not bear with Jerusalem because of your wickedness; but the veil of the temple shall be rent, so as not to cover your shame.
46 And ye shall be scattered as captives among the Gentiles, and shall be for a reproach and for a curse there.
47 For the house which YHVH shall choose shall be called Jerusalem, as is contained in the book of Enoch the righteous.

Chap 4 - Levi shows how wisdom survives destruction. He has no use for scornful people.
AND now, my children, I command you: Fear YHVH with your whole heart, and walk in simplicity according to all His Torah.

2 And do ye also teach your children letters, that they may have understanding all their life, reading unceasingly the law of YHVH.3 For every one that knoweth the Torah of YHVH shall be honoured, and shall not be a stranger whithersoever he goeth.
4 Yea, many friends shall he gain more than his parents, and many men shall desire to serve him, and to hear the law from his mouth.5 Work righteousness, therefore, my children, upon the earth, that ye may have it as a treasure in heaven.6 And sow good things in your souls, that ye may find them in your life7 But if ye sow evil things, ye shall reap every trouble and affliction.

11 Therefore, my children, I have learnt that at the end of the ages ye will transgress against YHVH, stretching out hands to wickedness against Him; and to all the Gentiles shall ye become a scorn.12 For our father Israel is pure from the transgressions of the chief priests [who shall lay their hands upon the Saviour of the world].15 Yea, ye shall bring a curse upon our race, because the light of the law which was given for to lighten every man this ye desire to destroy by teaching commandments contrary to the ordinances of Elohim.16 The offerings of YHVH ye shall rob, and from His portion shall ye steal choice portions, eating them contemptuously with harlots. 17 And out of covetousness ye shall teach the commandments of YHVH, wedded women shall ye pollute, and the virgins of Jerusalem shall ye defile; and with harlots and adulteresses shall ye be joined, and the daughters of the Gentiles shall ye take to wife, purifying them with an unlawful purification; and your union shall be like unto Sodom and Gomorrah,18 And ye shall be puffed up because of your priesthood, lifting yourselves up against men, and not only so, but also against the commands of YHVH 20 Therefore the temple, which YHVH shall choose, shall be laid waste through your uncleanness, and ye shall be captives throughout all nations. 21 And ye shall be an abomination unto them, and ye shall receive reproach and everlasting shame from the righteous judgement of YHVH. 22 And all who hate you shall rejoice at your destruction. 23 And if you were not to receive mercy through Abraham, Isaac, and Yakov, our fathers, not one of our seed should be left upon the earth. 24 And now I have learnt that for seventy weeks ye shall go astray, and profane the priesthood, and pollute the sacrifices. 25 And ye shall make void the law, and set at nought the words of the prophets by evil perverseness. 26 And ye shall persecute righteous men, and hate the godly; the words of the faithful shall ye abhor. 27 And a man who reneweth the law in the power of the Most High, ye shall call a deceiver; and at last ye shall rush upon him to slay him, not knowing his dignity, taking innocent blood through wickedness upon your heads. 28 And your Set apart places shall be laid waste even to the ground because of him. 29 And ye shall have no place that is clean; but ye shall be among the Gentiles a curse and a dispersion until He shall again visit you, and in pity shall receive you through faith and water.

Chap 5 - He prophesies the coming of the Messiah. This was written 100 years before Yashua.
AND whereas ye have heard concerning the seventy weeks, hear also concerning the priesthood. For in each jubilee there shall be a priesthood. 13 Then shall YHVH raise up a new priest. 14 And to him all the words of YHVH shall be revealed; and he shall execute a righteous judgement upon the earth for a multitude of days. 15 And his star shall arise in heaven as of a king.
16 Lighting up the light of knowledge as the sun the day, and he shall be magnified in the world.
p. 233 17 He shall shine forth as the sun on the earth, and shall remove all darkness from under heaven, and there shall be peace in all the earth. 18 The heavens shall exult in his days, and the earth shall be glad, and the clouds shall rejoice;
19 And the knowledge of YHVH shall be poured forth upon the earth, as the water of the seas; 20 And the angels of the glory of the presence of YHVH shall be glad in him.21 The heavens shall be opened, and from the temple of glory shall come upon him sanctification, with the Father's voice as from Abraham to Isaac. 22 And the glory of the Most High shall be uttered over him, and the spirit of understanding and sanctification shall rest upon him in the water. 23 For he shall give the majesty of YHVH to His sons in truth for evermore; 24 And there shall none succeed him for all generations for ever. 25 And in his priesthood the Gentiles shall be multiplied in knowledge upon the earth, and enlightened through the grace of YHVH. In his priesthood shall sin come to an end, and the lawless shall cease to do evil. 31 And his sons answered him., saying, Before YHVH we will walk according to His law. 32 And their father said unto them, YHVH is witness, and His angels are witnesses, and ye are witnesses, and I am witness, concerning the word of your mouth. 33 And his sons said unto him: We are witnesses. 34 And thus Levi ceased commanding his sons; and he stretched out his feet on the bed, and was gathered to his fathers, after he had lived a hundred and thirty-seven years. 35 And they laid him in a coffin, and afterwards they buried him in Hebron, with I Avraham, Yitschak, and Yakov.

Baruch atah YHVH, Eloheynu, Melech ha-‘Olam, asher natan lanu Toraht-emet, v’chay-yeh o’lam nata-b’tochenu. Baruch atah YHVH, noteyn ha-Torah. Ameyn.”

(Blessed are you Yahveh, our Elohim, King of the Universe, you have given us your Torah of truth, and have planted everlasting life within our midst. Blessed are you, YHVH giver of the Torah – Ameyn).